The big decision has been made—you’re going to sell your home. But you don’t just want to wait and see what buyers the wind decides to blow your way. You need to know how to sell your home fast. How do you do that? Do you just put it on the market? Call a realtor? And then poof it’s magically sold? Not necessarily. There are definitely a few things that you can do.
Here Are 5 Quick Tips On How To Sell Your Home Fast.
- Price is where it’s at – You want your home to have a chance of selling from the first day it’s listed. Check out what houses are selling for in your neighborhood and then take 10 to 20% off your asking price. The right sale price, without constantly reducing it to get a buyer, is a good tool in how to sell your home fast.
- Photographs are the bomb – A main ingredient in how to sell your home fast requires enticing photos to grab a potential buyer’s attention. We live in a day and age where most people are rushing from one thing to the next. They don’t have time to go to all the houses that they are interested in, which means you need to have great photos available to view online. Your photos need to be in focus with good lighting. Be mindful of the overall “feeling” of your photos too. If it’s a dreary day outside, maybe wait for a sunny day. If the lighting in your home is not the best, add some extra lighting.
- Feng Shui anyone? – Not saying that you have to Feng Shui your home, but there is definitely a need to create an inviting atmosphere that is clean, free of clutter, and open to your potential buyer’s furniture and ideas. You want a potential buyer to be able to imagine themselves in your home with their own belongings and memories.
- Curb what? – Curb appeal is big. Once enticed by your fabulous online photos, a potential buyer is going to drive by your home to check it out. Your curb appeal needs to be up to snuff, convincing them that your home is the one they need to buy. Does your house need to be repainted? Do your roof’s shingles need to be replaced? Are your bushes trimmed and your yard mowed? The first impression that a potential buyer has for your home is important in how to sell your home fast.
- Timing is everything – We’ve heard it before. Timing is everything. But it really is when it comes to how to sell a home fast. Spring and summer are the best times to sell your home. This is especially true if you live in a place where winter truly is a winter wonderland.
These five quick tips will be a great help in getting your home sold fast. Then you can move out and move on to whatever adventure you have planned, whether that’s retiring early or buying a new home.